The Sunday clash between the eternal rivals, Manchester United and Liverpool FC, which ended with a 2:1 defeat for the visitors, was an el clasico for many reasons. And not because the Reds lost!
So let’s make a small list of the classics:
– Torres scored for Liverpool (we got used to it but we do not have enough of it!) …
– … and he did it in great style (as usual)
– Masch fouled stupidly (again …)
– … and for this reason Manchester was given a penalty which Rooney took and scored (yeah, yeah … we’ve seen that before …)
– Howard Webb was so Pro-United, that even a blind could see that
– Howard Webb gave decisions for the benefit of United
– Howard Webb did not make any decisions in Liverpool’s favour
– Yossi Benayoun came on to late
– some bad luck for Torres … (sounds familiar to me …)
– … and lots of bad luck for the team
– Alex Ferguson was even more arrogant than usual (yeah, that is truly possible kids!).
Even if Liverpool lost the match against United, it doesn’t mean that the Reds were playing bad. There was a good teamwork, a good play, the lads pushed forward and with a bit more of good luck it could and would be a draw. Manchester had more ball possession, more shots on target and, finally, scored more goals but Pepe’s penalty save was outstanding! It was, wasn’t it? We definitely can be proud of our Spanish keeper.
We’ve lost, that’s painful, but there’s still one reason we can be content with: we got nobody injured! I hope so …
YNWA you Reds.