The last time I got cocky in a blog was the Wigan match, and folks I’m sorry for that. Even though Sunderland has picked up points lately, they’re another club I would expect a win over. It won’t be that big of a win, maybe 2-0. (Stevie G getting both, I know it’s a dream but still I can hope).
But it’s not like they are going to just lay down to the awsomeness that is Liverpool. That’s not what you do in the EPL, it’s just that Sunderland isn’t as good as Liverpool. Now, they’re not bad, so it’s not going to be a total squash. Though if anyone comes in with a freaking beach ball, can our supporters legally beat the jerk up? I’m all for that. (I’m not saying we should go towards Hooliganism).
So Masch has signed his deal, good for him! We need someone to be the rock in the Midfield to be one of the old hardmen out there. Yes the 70’s DM’s are gone, but Masch is the closet we are going to get without having that jerk Joey Barton play for the club. Once again, I’m not saying other players have to get injured coming through the middle, but I want someone to know, if you are going to play against LFC, expect many bruises. I want clubs to be afraid of playing Liverpool.
Random list of thoughts
1. Wouldn’t Messi look good in Red?
2. It’s a shame what’s happening to Pompey. But if they are selling stuff off, is there anything worth it?
3. I don’t want to fire Rafa
4. Martin O’Neil would be a fine replacement
5. John Barnes the most underrated player ever to be a star for LFC?
6. If LFC has a rash of injuries at GK, could Bruce Grobbelaar come out of retirement?