Liverpool fans have only two weeks left to register their vote for Pepe Reina to be named North West player of the year.
Reina will battle it out against rivals such as Carlos Tevez and Wayne Rooney for the prestigious title, voted for by supporters, at this year’s MBNA North West Football Awards.
Reds fans can vote for Reina, who had a magnificent season for Liverpool, along with players from other divisions at http://www.northwestfootballawards.co.uk/index.php/your-vote/, which has full details of the shortlist.
Katherine Swift, organiser of the MBNA North West Football Awards, said: “This year’s voting has been really close as the calibre of shortlisted players is so high and we’re expecting a real surge in numbers before the closing date.”
More than 450 VIP guests from the football and business world are expected to attend the awards, which was launched in 2007 and has become one of the highlights of the sporting season.
Chester-based MBNA, a subsidiary of the Bank of America, is the title sponsor of the event which takes place on 11 October 2010 at Lancashire County Cricket Club. To vote for your player of the year, please visit http://www.northwestfootballawards.co.uk/index.php/your-vote/.
Voting closes on 19 September 2010.
The shortlisted players are:
• Bolton Wanderers – Chung-Yong Lee
• Burnley – Graham Alexander
• Everton – Leighton Baines
• Liverpool – Pepe Reina
• Manchester City – Carlos Tevez
• Manchester United – Wayne Rooney
• Wigan Athletic – Charles N’Zogbia
• Blackpool – Charlie Adam
• Preston North End – Andrew Lonergan
• Carlisle United – Ian Harte
• Oldham Athletic – Sean Gregan
• Stockport County – Johnny Mullins
• Tranmere Rovers – Ian Goodison
• Accrington Stanley – Andrew Procter
• Bury – Ryan Lowe
• Crewe Alexandra – Ashley Westwood
• Macclesfield – Carl Tremarco
• Morecambe – Barry Roche
• Rochdale – Craig Dawson
Blue Square Premier
• Altrincham – Stuart Coburn
• Barrow AFC – Robin Hulbert
For more awards information please contact Katherine Swift on 07894 099 072.
For press information and enquiries please contact Catherine Stewart or Jessica Noon at Paver Smith on 0151 237 2810 or firstname.lastname@example.org