We continued our roller coaster season with a 3-0 home win over West Ham.
- We managed to play confidently, not afraid to shoot and pass.
- We got a comfortable 3-0 win without any goals from Torres and without Steven Gerrard.
- Our players looked happier than usual.
- The defence was the strongest its been all season, the team weren’t afraid to throw in some tackles.
- Hodgson made the team sit back in the second half. Why sit back? Realistically we were going to win the game, so there was not even a risk for trying to attack more. 3 more goals would have put us in 7th.
- West Ham were playing as bad as anything. They couldn’t even mark and our players had tons of space to do what they want.
While I’m not the biggest fan of Poulsen, I am not one who would even think of booing him. A few years ago Vidic actually stated he wanted to leave Man Utd, but he still got cheered by the fans. Christian Poulsen actually stated he wanted to do his best for Liverpool. It was a hard job to fill in for Gerrard, and today Poulsen was one of the players that was ‘OK’. He had a good shot at goal which had to stretch Rob Green, and it’s been his best game in a red shirt. Let’s just hope he manages to up his game, but right now he deserves all the support he can get.
From my point of view, I think this season is going to carry on as a roller coaster ride. I wouldn’t predict a win against Spurs and we just can’t keep consistent with Roy. It was good to see him smiling and celebrating.
The ‘Did you see that‘ moment
After the second (or it might have been first) Liverpool goal, Avram Grant got up and purposely stood in front of Roy Hodgson blocking his view. It was cheating by Avram, forcing Hodgson to get up. We still managed to easily win though.