Obviously the Liverpool haters including the “holier-than-thou” Manchester United blog sites (who incidentally are the biggest bigots of all) are trying to portray Liverpool F.C. as a racist club following the decision not to appeal the Suarez ban.
While I am personally disappointed that the club didn’t appeal the ban I do respect the decision to take the ban and move on.
However here are some facts to remind people what Liverpool F.C. is all about.
1) The club has a diverse ethnic group of players and staff.
2) One of the owners of the club is an Afro-American, yes the same Luis Suarez tweeted a picture of him Coates and LeBron James 24 hours before the Evra incident.
3) Liverpool F.C. has a Supporters Committee which has representation encompassing the entire spectrum of our support base including ethnic minorities.
4) The ethic diversity of the Liverpool supporters is tremendous, we have supporters from almost every single country in the world and from every single ethnic type.
5) Just this summer the club opened an academy in Nairobi with legend Ian Rush taking part in several football clinics in Kenya and Nairobi. This of course wasn’t the first time that Liverpool legends paid a visit to Africa.
5) The club supports many charities including of course many in Africa and others that help children and people of ethic minorities.
6) The club has no problem in breaking the bank and signing players no matter what their skin colour is. Club records were beaten with signings of John Barnes, Stan Collymore and Emile Heskey.
As far as The United fans are concerned they just want something new to sing about in their repertoire of songs that project hatred.