We have history on our side tonight as we face Blackburn…
The build-up to Liverpool’s crucial FA Cup quarter-final replay against Blackburn Rovers is well underway, with the club revealing nine intriguing facts regarding the fixture’s history for all you statistic lovers out there!
Brendan Rodgers’ Liverpool future: 4 reasons for & against sacking, with report claiming boss’s job is unsafe
Keep or sell: Liverpool fans vote on futures of 18 stars in the Echo
Liverpool transfer news
As the numbers below will show you the Reds have a fine recent record against their Championship opponents. However, you get the feeling that nothing can be guaranteed this season!
We are of course desperate to progress this evening and book ourselves the final spot at Wembley for the FA Cup semi-finals later this month. We already know that we will meet Aston Villa, with Arsenal facing Reading in the other game.
The final itself would, if we were to get there, be out final game of the season and subsequently Steven Gerrard’s last game for the club, following an incredible Anfield career spanning almost three decades!
With the squad fully-focused on responding well to the recent Premier League disappointments against Arsenal and Manchester United, here are all the key facts and figures ahead of tonight’s game via LFC Xtra…
- Liverpool are looking to reach their 24th FA Cup Semi-Final – only Arsenal (27), Manchester United (27) and Everton (25) have appeared in more.
- Liverpool’s last away win in the Quarter-Final came in 2006 when they won 7-0 at Birmingham en route to lifting the trophy
- Liverpool have a 100% record in penalty shoot-outs in the FA Cup winning all 3 – Portsmouth (1992), Birmingham (1995), West Ham (2006 Final)
- In the last 5 cup meeting at Ewood Park Liverpool are unbeaten – winning 3 and drawing 2
- The Reds have lost only three of the last 30 games with Blackburn home and away in league and cup and one of the last 11
- This will be Liverpool’s 50th game of the 2014-15 season
- Blackburn last beat Liverpool at home in the FA Cup more than 57 years ago – in March 1958 when they won 2-1
- Jordan Henderson’s first ever FA Cup game came against Blackburn in February 2009 in a 2-2 draw while on loan at Coventry from Sunderland
- Liverpool are yet to keep a clean sheet on the road in the FA Cup this season – winning all three away games 2-1