Jurgen Klopp once again refused to give direct answers to the press regarding Liverpool transfer news today.
The club has been continuously linked with Alex Teixeira, and fresh stories involving Piotr Zielinski (via Daily Mail) and Gary Cahill (vis Independent) have also emerged – but Klopp told the media he was happy with his current squad.
The German’s comments indicate that we’re perhaps unlikely to do any serious business from now until the window closes on Monday evening, although if an opportunity arises – we’ll take it.
“We are always busy and checking possibilities,” he told his pre-match press-conference cited in the Echo.
“If something happens we will see. There’s nothing to say.”
“You have to wait, like I have to wait,” he continued.
“I have no problem with this. I’m fine with the squad, it was never a problem – it’s all about injuries and the number of games. It doesn’t fit too good. That’s the reason we thought about a few things but only if it makes sense to us.
“We are not here to throw money out of the window, we try to work with what we have.”
So far this window, Liverpool have signed Marko Grujic (who’s been sent back to Red Star Belgrade on loan) and Steven Caulker on a temporary deal.
A rather uninspiring first transfer window with Klopp in charge.
Fans were hoping Liverpool would do business with Shakhtar for Teixeira, but today their CEO claimed it would take a gargantuan £53m offer (via the Guardian) before they’d consider doing business with us – practically ruling out a possible deal.