Chris Bascombe, former reporter for the Liverpool Echo, claims Sadio Mane is unlikely to be the final signing at Anfield this summer, and says he expects at least one more player through the doors, as per his article in The Telegraph.
As the report suggests, we’ve completed now completed the signing of Sadio Mane for reported £30m. Other sources have suggested that the fee could rise to more like £38m, but Bascombe insists there is no truth in these rumours and there is no chance of the fee rising above the £30m mark.
While it’s great to hear that the fee isn’t as high as previously reported, the big news is that Bascombe expects more signings. He’s generally pretty reliable as far as journalists go, so if he says there are more new arrivals planned then we have no reason to doubt him.
“Mane is unlikely to be the final addition to [Jurgen] Klopp’s squad, which reconvenes on July 4 for pre-season training,” he wrote.
We’ve been linked to a huge number of players over the course of the transfer window, with a midfielder and a left-back seemingly top of Jurgen Klopp’s list. There’s plenty of time for the manager to get some more new faces in too, so who knows how many more signings we’ll see.
He’s clearly looking to make his mark on the club and bring in players who will suit his play-style, as we’ve seen with the signing of Mane.
The 2016/17 campaign is already looking really promising, and hopefully the excitement continues to build in this fashion over the next six weeks.