So who is Jetro Willems?
According to Dutch reports (cited here in the Telegraph), the 22-year-old left-back could join Liverpool this summer after the club lodged a bid of around £10m for his services.
Ben Chilwell is proving very difficult to obtain, meaning the Holland international may provide a viable alternative, especially with a £6m bid accepted for Brad Smith.
Hopefully this list will get you all a little more familiar with the PSV defender:
1) Willems began his career at Sparta Rotterdam, where he made a debut in the Dutch second division aged just 16. He’s still only 22, but has 175 career appearances.
2) Two seasons and 16 appearances with Sparta was enough to convince PSV to sign him, with Willems agreeing a three year deal in 2011.
3) With Erik Pieters injured during 2011/12, Willems regularly played, improving at such a rate Manchester United made enquiries with Alex Ferguson considering him a long-term replacement for Patrice Evra.
4) That same campaign, in October 2011, Willems became the youngest Dutchman to play in a European competition, when he started against Hapoel Tel Aviv in the Europa League. Willem’s first goal came in April 2012, making him PSV’s youngest ever Eredivisie goalscorer.
5) Internationally, Willems won the U17 Euros in 2011, and one year later, was starting for Holland at Euro 2012. Here, he became you the youngest ever Dutchman to play in the competition. He played all three group stage games but the Dutch were knocked out. To date, he has 20 caps to his name.
6) At 5 ft. 7′, Willems is short, but sturdy and strong. He’s actually the exact same height as Alberto Moreno.
7) Willems has ten career goals and 31 assists to date, emphasising his wonderful left-footed cross. In 2014/15, he registered 14 assists alone – an unbelievable stat for a fullback.
8) Willems prides himself on his ability going forward. He’s quick, can dribble and loves to bomb towards the opposition byline. (Remind you of anyone…?)
9) An injury cruelly ruled Willems out of most of last season, with the left-back managing only 11 starts due to a knee injury.
10) Willems has one year left on his contract, meaning PSV won’t be able to hold potential suitors to ransom.