We honestly wouldn’t swap Jurgen Klopp for any manager in the world. Seriously. He’s perfect for Liverpool and just the type of man you cannot help but admire and respect.
But FourFourTwo reckon there’s six better than him on the planet right now, including the man who beat him in the Europa League Final in May, Unai Emery.
Their study ranks the world’s Top 50, and places the two time Bundesliga winning German in seventh.
At the time of writing, they haven’t announced the top two just yet, but we’re 100% convinced it’s Pep Guardiola and Diego Simeone, although we’re not sure in which order.
(Arsenal’s Arsene Wenger sits in 22nd)
The top 20 reads like this:
(If you want to scroll through their entire list, be our guest!)
20) Marcelo Gallardo – River Plate
19) Mauricio Pochettino – Tottenham
18) Lars Lagerback
17) Antonio Conte – Chelsea
16) Thomas Tuchel – Borussia Dortmund
15) Edgarbo Bauza – Sao Paulo
14) Marcelino – Villarreal
13) Carlo Ancelotti – Bayern Munich
12) Philipp Cocu – PSV
11) Joachim Loew – Germany
10) Jorge Jesus – Sporting Lisbon
9) Ronald Koeman – Everton
8) Claudio Ranieri – Leicester
7) Jurgen Klopp – Liverpool
6) Max Allegri – Juventus
5) Unai Emery – Sevilla
4) Jose Mourinho – Manchester United
3) Luis Enrique – Barcelona
2) Diego Simeone (Atletico Madrid) or Pep Guardiola (Man. City)
1) Diego Simeone (Atletico Madrid) or Pep Guardiola (Man. City)
Klopp’s positioning shows how fortunate we are to have a manager of his stock when we’ve finished outside the Champions League places for five of the past six years.
Hopefully Klopp and his superb backroom staff can nurture us back to our former glories. Last term, with an inherited squad, he reached two Cup Finals and coached his team to some unbelievable victories over the likes of Borussia Dortmund, Manchester United and Chelsea.