Ok, who’s got a feeling of deja vu?!
According to physioroom.com, we currently have eight members of the first-team squad laid up on the treatment table, more than anyone else in the league.
- Alberto Moreno — The Spaniard suffered a dead leg yesterday but should be fit for the start of the season.
- Divock Origi — He missed the game last night with a groin issue. According to physioroom, he should also be ready for the Arsenal clash.
- Marko Grujic — Is still concussed after a clash of heads in the Chelsea friendly.
- Loris Karius — The new keeper will be out until mid-October with a broken hand.
- Lucas Leiva — The Brazilian has a hamstring strain. Will reportedly return for the second week of the new campaign.
- Joel Matip — Matip has missed a chunk of pre-season with an ankle issue
- Joe Gomez — The youngster has an Achilles injury. Doesn’t have a return date.
- Mamadou Sakho — Has the same problem as Gomez, and also doesn’t have a return date.
Let’s just hope we can get through the next 12 days without adding any more people to that list…!