Jurgen Klopp has developed a reputation for giving off fantastic soundbytes.
In a world of 24/7 football coverage it’s made him a bit of a media darling – he is always good for a headline even if it’s a slow news day (it’s something we here at EOTK have made use of more than once!).
With that in mind, the Echo have taken the chance to look back at some of his greatest quotes since he became the Liverpool manager.
There are some absolute gems in there, but in this article, we have picked our favourite five:
- On the highs and lows of football: “You have to get information in each situation. You’ll never find me three days after a win, drunk in a hedge and still celebrating.”
- On Moreno’s disallowed goal vs Newcastle: “Because we weren’t good enough today the linesman thought: ‘Well, you don’t make world-class goals if you play this s**t’.”
- On the demands on young players: “These young players are our future. If we handle them likes horses, then we get horses.”
- On his obsession with results: “I would really like to change my personality, but I can’t forget this f*****g loss against Crystal Palace.”
- On English football culture: “In England you have stadiums in the middle of the city. We don’t have that in Germany. If we had a stadium in the city, the people would be telling you, ‘Hey, it’s Monday night — turn the sound down’.”
Have a read of the article on the Echo’s site then decide if the five we picked really are his best… Have we are the Echo missed something that should have been included?
As ever, you can let us know your thoughts and opinions on the list in the comments section down below. We’re waiting to hear from you!