Thanks to guest poster @theliverword for this piece!
1. Klopp made the right decision to drop Karius for Mignolet. Taking the young German out of the spotlight for a while could help him regain his confidence and Mignolet looked like a keeper with a point to prove.
2. Origi has stepped up to the plate with 5 goals in his last 5 games since replacing the injured Coutinho, and last night he produced possibly his best performance in a red shirt so far (although it was actually toxic green!).
3. Liverpool bounced back from a couple of bad results in emphatic fashion to prove that we are still title contenders.
4. Injuries are taking their toll on Liverpool’s squad with youngsters like Woodburn, Ejaria and Trent Alexander-Arnold being named as substitutes again.
5. Firmino is missing Coutinho and playing through the middle. The Brazilian has been moved out to the left to accommodate Origi and has struggled to replicate the form he showed playing as a false-9.
6. Klavan is a better central defensive option than Lucas right now. The big defender strolled through the game alongside Lovren as Liverpool kept a rare clean sheet.
7. Mane will be a big miss next month. The former Southampton star’s pace gives Liverpool’s attack a different dimension and he caused Middlesbrough’s defence trouble all night.
8. Adam Lallana is back to his best after recovering from injury, and topped of a superb display with two goals. The England international has added genuine end product to his game this season and is now one of Liverpool’s most important players.
9. Liverpool have a much needed confidence boosting win to set them up nicely for Monday night’s Merseyside derby.