The Telegraph has decided to name the best 20 players in the Premier League, based on this season’s form, and there’s a few Reds near the top of the list…
Due to his blistering start, they rate Sadio Mane as the top performer in the country right now.
Our scintillating winger has torn up trees from minute one, scoring in each match and causing endless problems with his almost incomparable pace, quickness of mind and cleverness in the final third.
Mane is so direct, but still manages to change the game with pizzazz. He’s a joy to behold, in short.
The report recognises three of our other stars, too. Mo Salah comes in 12 after his two goals so far, the second of which was an absolute gem during the Arsenal rout. Emre Can is rated at 7, reiterating how crucial it is for us to extend the German’s contract. Roberto Firmino is in at 6 – with pundits finally recognising his brilliance now that he’s contributing goals and assists as well as all round brilliance.
Here’s the Top 20 in full;
20) Steve Mounie – Huddersfield
19) David de Gea – Manchester United
18) Harry Maguire – Leicester City
17) Marcos Alonso – Chelsea
16) Ahmed Hegazi – West Brom
15) Kurt Zouma – Stoke
14) Aaron Mooy – Huddersfield
13) Eric Bailly – Manchester United
12) Mo Salah – Liverpool
11) Alvaro Morata – Chelsea
10) Dele Alli – Spurs
9) David Silva – Manchester City
8) Willian – Chelsea
7) Emre Can – Liverpool
6) Roberto Firmino – Liverpool
5) Nemanja Matic – Manchester United
4) Henrikh Mkhitaryan – Manchester United
3) Romelu Lukaku – Manchester United
2) Paul Pogba – Manchester United
- Sadio Mane – Liverpool