Sunday sees Liverpool face the Blue Sh*te from across Stanley Park in the 220th Merseyside Derby, and The Redmen TV have all the Uncensored Match Build up from both perspectives…
- It’s the most stressful time of the year!
- Can Moyes Break the 10 year curse?
- How Important For Rodgers to Keep it going?
- The Definition of Bitterness
- TRIVIA QUESTION
- Form Guide: Everton’s Dismal Away Form
- Dangerman Focus: Fellaini
- A Test of Character over Complacency following Newcastle Win?
- Thoughts On Both Lineups
- 5 points Gap- too much, too late?
- Score Predictions
- TRIVIA ANSWER
- A fabulous display of attacking football saw Liverpool rout Newcastle 0-6 at St James’ Park last weekend, with Jordan Henderson and Daniel Sturridge both grabbing braces.
- As always this derby will be full to the brim of emotion as the two sides of the Mersey battle for supremacy in a fixture with genuine European implications. Count on Steven Gerrard being as determined as any to leave his mark on this game. The EA SPORTS Player Performance Index shows that Gerrard has all the tools for the job, having joined the select group of players to have completed more than 1,000 passes in the opponent’s half this season (1,032). He’s also been one of Liverpool’s top tacklers with a success rate of 62.7% from 83 attempted challenges.
- Many Liverpool fans may have wondered exactly were their goals were going to come from following Luis Suarez’s lengthy ban but Daniel Sturridge showcased his value to the Reds’ attacking line last weekend. Sturridge is in fact almost Suarez’s equal in his ability to create chances for himself this season, having average a shot on target on average once every 34.1 minutes this season. You can find Sturridge at 5/4 with 888sport.com to score at any time this weekend.
- Phillippe Coutinho was Newcastle’s tormenter in chief last weekend, the diminutive midfielder using his slick passing to carve the Magpies open. Coutinho is thriving in the Premier League despite concerns over his size and has on average completed a pass in the opponent’s half once every 4.9 minutes following his arrival on Merseyside.
- A Steven Pienaar goal kept Everton in the hunt for a European spot next season as they beat Fulham 1-0 at Goodison Park.
- Utilising the strengths of Marouane Fellaini will be crucial to Everton’s chances of success against a buoyant Liverpool side, but the Belgian must be careful not to let his tendency for ill-discipline catch up with him. According to the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index, Fellaini has only been successful in 36.3% of his 135 attempted tackles this season.
- Look for Kevin Mirallas to test out the Liverpool defence this weekend as he has been doing to back fours all season. The elusive Belgian has established an excellent shot accuracy rate of 74.6% from 59 attempts this season so there is a strong likelihood of him being amongst the goals on Sunday. Mirallas is 3/1 to score any time this weekend with 888sport.com.
- At the other end of the park, Phil Jagielka will be crucial in helping to keep out a Liverpool attack full of confidence after their dismantling of Newcastle. The England centre-half has one of the best defensive records in the league this season, making a defensive contribution on average once every 9.7 minutes he’s been on the pitch this season.
Team News: Fabio Borini is back, he started on the bench against Newcastle and scored just seconds after coming on. Joe Allen is out for the rest of the season. Martin Kelly is making a good recovery however Brendan Rodgers has hinted that he will not play again this season. Raheem Sterling might feature after being out for a couple of weeks due to a thigh injury. Luis Suarez will serve his second of a ten game ban.
Form: Liverpool returned from St. James Park with three points and a “goal fiesta”. The 6-0 victory against Newcastle boosted the Reds hope for some European football next season. Prior to the victory at Newcastle, the Reds had to share points with West Ham, Reading and Chelsea. Young Phillipe Coutinho and Daniel Sturridge have been a breathe of fresh air for the Reds and have turned things around for Liverpool.
Head-to-head: The Merseyside derby has been played a total of 198 times. Liverpool have won it 76 times, while Everton got 60 victories, 62 games ended in draws. Earlier this season the derby ended in a 2-2 draw. A Leighton Baines own goal followed by a Luis Suarez goal gave The Reds a 2-0 lead however the Toffees were able to salvage a point with goals from Leon Osman and Steven Naismith.
Best Bets: Liverpool are strong favorites in the eyes of the bookies, with odds at $1.98 – (£1.32) at time of writing (Luxbet).
Predicted Lineup : Pepe Reina, Jose Enrique, Daniel Agger, Jamie Carragher, Glen Johnson, Phillipe Coutinho, Lucas Leiva, Steve Gerrard, Jordan Henderson, Stewart Downing, Daniel Sturridge
Formation : 4-3-3
Predicted Scoreline : Liverpool 2 (Daniel Sturridge, Steven Gerrard) – Everton 0
Thursday May 2Posted by: Guest Writer Comments Off
In a world exclusive The Redmen TV bring you a hands on look at Liverpool’s brand new Warrior Home Kit for the 2013/14 campaign as well as the Baby Kit, Goalkeeper shirt and the exclusive pre-order T-shirt. Two lucky viewers will also be able to win their own Home shirt on launch day by answering a simple question…
[02 MAY, 2013] Following the landmark success of Warrior’s inaugural Liverpool FC home kit – the fastest-selling in the Club’s history – the brand has revealed its new design for the 2013/14 season.
Headlining Warrior’s new and electrifying ‘Rise Up LFC’ campaign (#RiseUpLFC), the home kit is a modern take on the 1984 version, worn during the Club’s fourth European Cup win.
“The new home kit pays tribute to the renowned success LFC is built on, but it is also a nod to the future,” said Richard Wright, head of Warrior Football. “With high performance the top priority, our design team has further developed what was loved about our last design and lifted it to a new level. The result is an innovative take on the iconic red jersey.”
Liverpool FC manager Brendan Rodgers has applauded the new home kit.
“It’s distinctly Liverpool which the players and I love. It exceeds what we need it to do technically while also delivering a strong visual statement,” said Rodgers.
The 2013/14 Liverpool FC home kit includes a number of fresh design features.
Giving the familiar a contemporary overhaul, a white three-piece collar set upon a striking red colour scheme is complemented by mirrored details on each sleeve. Historically worn by player greats such as Alan Kennedy and Ian Rush, the bold white accents define the overall look.
Embraced by fans following its re-introduction in 2012, the Liver Bird crest has been incorporated into the new design in two key ways. Running alongside the embroidered emblem, a new pin-striped sublimation print on the front of the shirt showcases the iconic symbol with the words, ‘Liverpool FC’. Interwoven using a darker red hue, this eye-catching detail strengthens the kit’s visual depth.
In line with the 2012/13 version, two embroidered Eternal Flames alongside a 96 logo are located on the nape of the shirt’s neck to commemorate the events at Hillsborough in 1989.
Engineered to enable optimum on-pitch performance, the kit has been constructed using War-Tech, Warrior’s signature apparel technology system. Highly breathable, moisture-wicking War-Tech fabric has been used to build the main body of the shirt. Four-way stretch mesh paneling under the arms and across the back will allow for unparalleled airflow and ventilation, helping players stay comfortable in core heat areas of the body.
Liverpool FC captain Steven Gerrard says the new design has been embraced by his teammates.
“The players and I are all genuine fans of the new kit,” he said. “It will certainly spark many happy memories of the Club’s famous fourth European Cup win for supporters of that era. As with all Liverpool shirts, I will wear it with pride and carry the excitement and history of what it represents, and, as a team, we hope to bring that success back to the Club.”
Fans are encouraged to weigh in with their feedback about the new home kit by connecting with Warrior Football onTwitter using the hashtag, #RiseUpLFC.