Archive for the ‘News & Rumours’ Category
Ryan Shawcross : The Mail is reporting that the Stoke central defender is a Rafa target.
Michael Turner : The story is still pretty hot more reports linking him to Liverpool.
Sylvain Distin : More reports linking him as an option.
Keisuke Honda : Yep, according to reports Rafa is also looking to buy a Honda. The 23 year old from the Land of the Rising Sun was MVP in the Dutch league last season.
Adam Hammill : The youngster has signed with Barnsley, good luck Adam. Thank you for your service in the youth squad.
Michael Turner : Rafa threw in a hint that he was after the Hull City defender yesterday and considering the injuries with Liverpool’s top defenders that could be quite true. The rags are claiming that Liverpool offered Hull £6 million but the tigers are greedy and want £11 million.
Sylvain Distin : Has also been named as a cheaper option to Turner.
Simon Church : The Reading striker is also being linked with Liverpool however for the next transfer season.
Charles Itandje : Looks like the move to Panionios is going to happen, it will be a free transfer. I think we should pay Panionios to take him fair is fair. L.F.C. is currently looking for someone to drive him to the airport :-)
Mathieu Valbuena : Where did this come out of? The Marseille’s midfielder agent is claiming the Liverpool are one of the clubs interested in him. Wasn’t he the one who scored when we lost at Anfield?
Loosing Xabi Alonso ,Signing his replacement for 2o Million Pounds who wont be able to feature for 2 months,unsettled Mascherano,Lack of Depth in Squad and most evident being Liverpool Football Club;One of the Cathedrals of English and European Football.Just when one would think this is enough for the obsessed English Press and Pundits to rule us out again as one of the strongest contenders for the Premiere League title this season,Pre-season friendlies and injury to our all three main defenders has offered enough material to them to start bashing Liverpool’s supporters dreams till December.Though I believe that anfield faithfuls are quite used to of this negative critisicm from the media.
While it was implicit that Liverpool are in hunt for a replacement of Sammi Hyppia,Benitez’s latest Press Conference has certainly cleared the doubts that atleast a defensive signing is imminent.While Rafa as ever remains totally unpredictable on whether we would be signing either of Villa or Silva we have been linked with time and again,I would say,lets stay positive and hope we are able to get the support of the Owners for such arrivals as transfer window closes in 21 days.If the owners are to be believed,Rafa was promised 20 Millions + whatever he generates through transfers.Dont know where that Offer stands now though but lets stay optimisitc.Obviously Plan B is there already and that is “Nando and Stevie stay fit,Johnson and Yossi continue with their last season’s performances.”
I believe this time the title is ours to lose..
You Will Never Walk Alone…
- Starting XI: Reina, Johnson, Ayala, Carragher, Insua, Kuyt, Lucas, Mascherano, Benayoun, Gerrard, Torres.
- Subs: Cavalieri, San Jose, Plessis, Degen, Voronin, Riera, Dossena, Kelly, Babel, Ngog, Spearing.
- Riera is a sub, that is awesome news, his injury was not bad at all.
- Atletico kick off
- Pongolle is on the bench for AM
- No sign of Luis Garcia
- We started off nicely, I like what I see so far.
- Forlan is being booed by the Kop and he thanks them but shooting the way way high.
- 8″ Liverpool 0 – Atletico 0
- Nice curly one by Stevie G saved by the AM keeper.
- Lucas shows some class, the Kop loved that.
- Aguero does a little hand of God turns shots, and Pepe saves.
- Carra is down
- Looks like Carra pulled something he is on the sideline receiving treatment.
- ouch Goal Aguero
- Aguero scores for AM , young Ayala did not mark him well and of course Carra was off the pitch
- 16″ Liverpool 0 – Atletico 1
- Carra is off, San Jose on. That is concerning regarding Carra.
- We can not lose Carra. Agger & Skrtel are both injured.
- Torres goes down in the penalty area. Should have been a penalty.
- Good couple of moments by Liverpool.
- Nice short pass from Johnson to Stevie G. Shot wide to the left of the keeper.
- San Jose allows Aguero to go around but Pepe saves.
- San Jose & Ayala are not first team material yet.
- 31″ Liverpool 0 – Atletico 1
- uggh Forlan scores
- The kids gave him too much room and he did score a nice goal.
- 34″ Liverpool 0 – Atletico 22
- aaaahhhh uuggggh uuggggh El Nino hits the post after the keeper was beaten, great pass from Stevie G.
- the number 2 got stuck
- it is Liverpool 0 – AM 2
- 49″ Liverpool 0 – Atletico 2
- LOL I am not having a good day 39″
- Ugly foul on Yossi he is still down
- Ok Yossi is back on his feet he looks ok.
- Come on Reds give us a goal.
- Kuyt header, over the bar.
- HT – Liverpool 0 – Atletico Madrid 2 :-(
- 2nd half under way
- oh that was close Lucas flicks it in front of goal but no other red connects.
- Header from El Nino saved.
- We started off the 2nd half pretty strong, come on Reds.
- ooooh close by Stevie G, nice ball from Torres but the greatest play came from Johnson who recovered the ball nicely.
- that was a handball, but Phil Dowd is Atletico’s 12th man today.
- 57″ Liverpool 0 – Atletico Madrid 2
- Babel is on Kuyt off.
- Johnson gets a yellow for a foul on Simao.
- Aguero with a powerful shot, good save by Reina.
- nice run by Torres he goes past 4 defenders, at the end his chip is saved.
- Good header by Torres saved again.
- Forlan Gets a YELLOW YES YES YES Take that you Manc.
- Kelly on Johnson off.
- Forlan with a powershot, Pepe saves but then makes a mistake right after. Lucky there.
- Nice driven pass from Masch to Torres but he could not connect.
- 76″ Liverpool 0 – Atletico Madrid 2
- Pongolle on for AM
- Spearing, Blondie (Voronin) on
- Masch & Yossi off.
- Torres tries one of his specials but saved again, good game by Torres today.
- Torres off, Ngog on
- LUCAS GOOOAL
- LUCAS LEIVA
- Liverpool 1 – Atletico 2
- 83″ Liverpool 1 – Atletico 2
- Lucas pushed down in the penalty area again. Phil Dowd pulls out his Atletico scarf and starts waving it.
- We are looking dangerous 3 minutes to go.
- We really need to solve our Central Defense problem hopefully Carra & Agger will be back next week.
- FT: Liverpool 1 (Lucas) – Atletico Madrid 2 (Aguero, Forlan)
Liverpool F.C are set to play Atletico Madrid today at Anfield. It is set to start at 3:00PM in the U.K. You will not get to see new signing Aquilani play, as he is out for approx. 4-8 weeks. This is Liverpools last chance to prove themselves before the start of the season, when they play Tottenham next week on Sunday.
Liverpool last played Atletico Madrid at Anfield in a 1-1 draw, a dramatic last minute penalty from Steven Gerrard. Let’s hope this game is more exciting.
Talk about the game as it happens on www.xat.com/LFC_T.