Posts Tagged ‘Plessis’
Rafa makes one change to the team that beat Sunderland, Lucas returns to the starting lineup as Maxi is cup-tied.
Starting XI : Reina, Carra, Agger, Insua, Johnson, Lucas, Mascherano, Kuyt, Babel, Gerrard, Torres
Subs : Cavallieri, Benayoun, Kyrgiakos, N’gog, Plessis, El Zhar, Pacheco
El Nino is set to start against Fulham together with Voronin up front.
Here is the full line up:
Starting XI : Reina, Insua, Degen, Carragher, Kyrgiakos, Kuyt, Benayoun, Mascherano, Lucas, Voronin, Torres.
Subs: Gulacsi, Babel, Spearing, Plessis, Dossena, Eccleston, Ayala.
- Starting XI Cavalieri, Degen, Insua, Skrtel, Kyrgiakos, Plessis, Spearing, Babel, Kuyt, Voronin, Ngog.
- Subs: Reina, Aquilani, Benayoun, Darby, Dossena, Eccleston, Ayala.
RT @cheedelt: Arsenal’s starters: Fabianski, Silvestre, Senderos, Gilbert, Gibbs, Eastmond, Nasri, Perez, Ramsey, Eduardo, Bendtner
- we are underway.
- Dirk Kuyt is Captain 0-0
- Degen wide, after a nice play by Ngog & Voronin. Degen should have scored 0-0
- Wide by Nasri 0-0
- We were lucky there
- 18″ Arsenal 0 – Liverpool 0
- Goal :-(
- Goal for Arsenal 1-0
- RT @aaron_j_kelly: @empireofthekop Voronin lost it, should have been taken off. He’s struggling badly.
- GOOOOAL Insua 1-1
- You beauty, Insua scores his first goal for Liverpool 1-1
RT @irfaan0810: @empireofthekop That was Fowler-esque… glorious
- That was close
The great Dane is not having a good night, we are lucky :-) 1-1
Aquilani is warming up 1-1
- Good work by Degen there 1-1
- woooah we were very very lucky there, howler by Cavalieri but Skrtel clears 1-1
into injury time
- HT Arsenal 1 (Merida) – Liverpool 1 (Insua)
- RT @PVally: @empireofthekop we should have bendnter and give them voronin cos they seem like they wanna do the best for the other side
2nd half under way 1-1
- ah Spearing shots wide there, good chance 1-1
- Goal :-( 2-1
- Bendtner scores for Arsenal 2-1
- Voronin is not playing well 1-1
- ugggh Voronin wide 1-1
- RT @JLamps: @empireofthekop it’s not 1-1 sorry 2-1
- ah good save by Fabianski to deny Ngog 2-1
- ahhh shot by Plessis, corner 2-1
- RT @DingyDangyDoo: @empireofthekop it was Babel, not Ngog
- Ngog off – Yossi on 2-1
- Aquilani on – Plessis off 2-1
ouch another let off there 2-1
can’t believe it Voronin slips 2-1
- 79 mins Arsenal 2 – Liverpool 1
- Ahhhh Babel misses a sitter there 2-1
- pheww Eduardo almost there 2-1
- Oh I forgot to mention but Aquilani had a shot on goal which was saved 2-1
- Nice play by Aquilani to Voronin who shoots straight at the keeper 2-1
Eccleston on – Degen off 2-1
- Rafa tries a little Kwality himself there
- Into injury time 2-1
- That should have been a penalty there 2-1
FT Arsenal 2 – Liverpool 1 :-(
- Starting XI: Cavalieri, Degen, Carragher, Kyrgiakos, Dossena, Aurelio, Spearing, Mascherano, Riera, Babel, Ngog.
- Subs: Reina, Gerrard, Torres, Skrtel, Voronin, Plessis, Johnson.
- There is only One Jay Spearing and he is starting tonight, come on Reds.
- We are off come on Reds
- 10″ Leeds 0 – Liverpool 0
- That was close by Leeds over the bar pheww 0-0
- pheww disallowed goal for Leeds 0-0
- Looks like Degen is injured , I do not think he will finish the game
- 24″ Leeds 0 – Liverpool 0
- ah good run by Babel but saved by the Leeds keeper 0 – 0
- Our 2 Ds (Doss & Degen) are making me nervous
- pheww Carra saves us there 0-0
- 38″ Leeds 0 – Liverpool 0
- Kyrgiakos gets a yellow 0 – 0
- ah that was close good header by Riera, saved 0-0
- HT Leeds 0 – Liverpool 0
- Riera and Dossena are not having a good game. Babel, Spearing are doing good. Degen is playing good too but might be injured
- 2nd half under way 0-0
- Masch saved us there, they are making me very nervous I think Dossena needs to come off he is not having a good evening. 0 -0
- Cavalieri with an excellent save pheww
- 54″ Leeds 0 – Liverpool 0
- come on Rafa make some changes
- Masch was lucky he did not get sent off there
- Masch is down, it does not look good at all
- Masch is back on he is still injured
- Yikes, that was close come on Rafa some subs please 0-0
- GOOOOOAL NGOG
- Leeds 0 – Liverpool 1 (Ngog)
- Glen Johnson on Degen off (looks injured) Leeds 0 – Liverpool 1
- Stevie G on Ngog off (13 mins to go)
- 10 mins to go Leeds 0 – Liverpool 1 (Ngog)
- oh that was close by Fabio from a free kick 0-1 5 mins to go
- Over the cross bar unlucky by Babel 2 mins to go 0-1
- RT @PhilMoran1 Ryan Giggs has just scored in the 6120th minute of injury time to make it 5-3 in the manc derby. @timlovejoy
- Skrtel on Babel off into injury time 0-1
- 4 mins of Stoppage time added, I guess they are on Fergie time here 0-1
- Nice by Gerrard saved
- FT Leeds 0 – Liverpool 1 (Ngog
- Well a victory is a victory , we knew it was going to be very though. We move on
- Starting XI: Reina, Johnson, Ayala, Carragher, Insua, Kuyt, Lucas, Mascherano, Benayoun, Gerrard, Torres.
- Subs: Cavalieri, San Jose, Plessis, Degen, Voronin, Riera, Dossena, Kelly, Babel, Ngog, Spearing.
- Riera is a sub, that is awesome news, his injury was not bad at all.
- Atletico kick off
- Pongolle is on the bench for AM
- No sign of Luis Garcia
- We started off nicely, I like what I see so far.
- Forlan is being booed by the Kop and he thanks them but shooting the way way high.
- 8″ Liverpool 0 – Atletico 0
- Nice curly one by Stevie G saved by the AM keeper.
- Lucas shows some class, the Kop loved that.
- Aguero does a little hand of God turns shots, and Pepe saves.
- Carra is down
- Looks like Carra pulled something he is on the sideline receiving treatment.
- ouch Goal Aguero
- Aguero scores for AM , young Ayala did not mark him well and of course Carra was off the pitch
- 16″ Liverpool 0 – Atletico 1
- Carra is off, San Jose on. That is concerning regarding Carra.
- We can not lose Carra. Agger & Skrtel are both injured.
- Torres goes down in the penalty area. Should have been a penalty.
- Good couple of moments by Liverpool.
- Nice short pass from Johnson to Stevie G. Shot wide to the left of the keeper.
- San Jose allows Aguero to go around but Pepe saves.
- San Jose & Ayala are not first team material yet.
- 31″ Liverpool 0 – Atletico 1
- uggh Forlan scores
- The kids gave him too much room and he did score a nice goal.
- 34″ Liverpool 0 – Atletico 22
- aaaahhhh uuggggh uuggggh El Nino hits the post after the keeper was beaten, great pass from Stevie G.
- the number 2 got stuck
- it is Liverpool 0 – AM 2
- 49″ Liverpool 0 – Atletico 2
- LOL I am not having a good day 39″
- Ugly foul on Yossi he is still down
- Ok Yossi is back on his feet he looks ok.
- Come on Reds give us a goal.
- Kuyt header, over the bar.
- HT – Liverpool 0 – Atletico Madrid 2 :-(
- 2nd half under way
- oh that was close Lucas flicks it in front of goal but no other red connects.
- Header from El Nino saved.
- We started off the 2nd half pretty strong, come on Reds.
- ooooh close by Stevie G, nice ball from Torres but the greatest play came from Johnson who recovered the ball nicely.
- that was a handball, but Phil Dowd is Atletico’s 12th man today.
- 57″ Liverpool 0 – Atletico Madrid 2
- Babel is on Kuyt off.
- Johnson gets a yellow for a foul on Simao.
- Aguero with a powerful shot, good save by Reina.
- nice run by Torres he goes past 4 defenders, at the end his chip is saved.
- Good header by Torres saved again.
- Forlan Gets a YELLOW YES YES YES Take that you Manc.
- Kelly on Johnson off.
- Forlan with a powershot, Pepe saves but then makes a mistake right after. Lucky there.
- Nice driven pass from Masch to Torres but he could not connect.
- 76″ Liverpool 0 – Atletico Madrid 2
- Pongolle on for AM
- Spearing, Blondie (Voronin) on
- Masch & Yossi off.
- Torres tries one of his specials but saved again, good game by Torres today.
- Torres off, Ngog on
- LUCAS GOOOAL
- LUCAS LEIVA
- Liverpool 1 – Atletico 2
- 83″ Liverpool 1 – Atletico 2
- Lucas pushed down in the penalty area again. Phil Dowd pulls out his Atletico scarf and starts waving it.
- We are looking dangerous 3 minutes to go.
- We really need to solve our Central Defense problem hopefully Carra & Agger will be back next week.
- FT: Liverpool 1 (Lucas) – Atletico Madrid 2 (Aguero, Forlan)
Liverpool beat FC Lyn 2 – 0 this evening however the victory was marred by an ankle injury on Albert Reira, it does not look good.
- Starting : Cavalieri, Johnson, Dossena, Kelly, San Jose, Babel, Kuyt, Spearing, Lucas, Ngog, Voronin.
- Subs: Gulacsi, Plessis, Ayala, Degen, Gerrard, Torres, Riera, Benayoun, Mascherano, Insua, Carragher.
- FC Lyn – Liverpool game live on Fox Soccer Channel in the US & Canada.
- Liverpool playing in the new all white kit.
- Kapitan Kuyt leads the Reds (erm. whites).
- Norway does not allow alcohol advertising so there is no Carlsberg advert on the shirt.
- Liverpool kick off.
- Again good plays from Lucas, the lad is improving.
- 10″ Fc Lyn 0 – Liverpool 0 (no major fireworks to report)
- Jay Spearing has a nice shot , just wide. 16″
- Lyn have a goood chance on goal great save by Cavalieri
- Again Cavalieri has to make a save.
- 22″ FC Lyn 0 – Liverpool 0
- Nice effort on goal by Lucas, saved by the keeper. 27″ 0-0
- Martin Kelly misses a good chance while 1on1 with the keeper.
- Voronin with a great chance, chips it over the keeper and the bar.
- ouch, FC Lyn with a golden chance hits the post. Lucky for us, the defense was sleeping again.
- Voronin tries a nice chip, saved by the keeper. That was nice.
- Goal Voronin, scored.
- Babel created that goal, nice setup by the Dutchman. FC Lyn 0 – Liverpool 1 – 41″
- sorry on the time
- HT FC Lyn 0 – Liverpool 1 (Voronin)
- 2nd half under way
- Yossi, Plessis, Degen, Masch, Riera all in.
- Agger is still injured, I do not like that.
- 56″ FC Lyn 0 – Liverpool 1 (Voronin)
- Goal Ngog
- Dossena passes the ball in front of goal and Ngog taps it in decent goal.
- 61″ FC Lyn 0 – Liverpool 2 (Voronin, Ngog)
- Gerrard, Ayala, Torres, Insua coming on.
- Gerrard looks like he is playing for England in the white shirt.
- Come on Liverpool a few more goals to get over the Alonso depression.
- Looks like Reina will not feature tonight, I guess he is getting a break.
- Riera comes off injured :-(
- Not looking good for Riera.
- FT FC Lyn 0 – Liverpool 2 (Voronin, Ngog)