As most of your are aware the news-media is having a field day with the financial reports of Kop Holdings Ltd. (LFC’s parent company), the company lost £42m and the debts increased. “Kop Meltdown”, “Reds in the Red” etc. etc. the tabloid headlines have read. These are the same tabloids and newspapers that themselves are having financial problems and their own survival is hanging on a thread.
It is important to understand that the club actually did make a profit, it is the parent company that lost money and this is due to interest paid on the debts and other administration costs.
As far as transfer money goes, nothing has been said but I think we will still have a couple of signing. Please remember that we have an excellent starting 11, we need to buff up our fringe players for the long season. As long as we keep Xabi Alonso we will win the Premiership next season. Overall from the financial aspect (as regards to transfers) Rafa has done an outstanding job and if I am not mistaken Liverpool have made a profit on players he has bought and sold in the last 5 years.
I am not saying all this to defend Tom & Gilly, we would not be in this situation if it was not for them. The positive that comes out of this is that they might be forced to finally sell to someone who will come in and invest some serious money in the club.
Yes the situation is concerning but it is important to remember a few things.
- We are in the middle of a global recession and many companies are hurting including the same newspapers that are reporting this story.
- Again The Club made a Profit.
- We are Not Leeds.
- We are Not Luton.
- We are Not Southampton.
- Manure & Chelski both have debts that are twice the size of Liverpool’s.
- Liverpool has the smallest Player payroll out of the big 4.
- We have the best starting 11 players in the Premiership (FACT).
- Rafa is not like any other manager he understands finances.