On Saturday Liverpool hosted the Bolton Wanderers and the quests waren’t able to score at Anfield even though they’ve had enough chances. Thanks to Dirk Kuyt’s struck in the first half and an own goal by Kevin Davies Liverpool won the clash with 2:0 and earned three points. The fourth place is only one point away now.
Even if it wasn’t a great performance, there were a few positives to notice:
1. First of all: we got the right result .
2. We have three points in our pocket now and we’are closer to the fourth place.
3. Stevie is almost back. The captain performed marginally better here than he did on his return from injury in the goalless draw at Wolves last Tuesday. There were a few sparks of his brilliancy to notice and you could see that he’s trying really hard.
4. Kyrgiakos save was a masterpiece and I think everyone will agree with me that was the man of the match.
5. Dirk Kuyt scored again and that’s a sign that the Dutchman is coming back to his previous form. He gave us the lead eight minutes before half-time and I think it also has given us some boost if you think about how we were playing before and after the break.
6. Even if some pundits do criticize Ngog for yesterday’s performance, I think he did a really good job. He was trying and trying and trying. If that’s not important than what is?
7. Emiliano Insua surprised with a good performance after his horrible play in the previous matches. Well done lad, keep on working like that.
8. We are now unbeaten in 6 consecutive games.
9. After the match the fans were chantingRafa’s name which I assume as a positive.
The list isn’t shot which makes me feel glad. But … that’s still isn’t IT. I’m asking myself if we are finally able to generate the swagger and play constantly on a level we used to play on? YNWA