Have you ever clicked a link and then suddenly you realise that it was going to the Scum or one of it’s websites?
Here are some tips to prevent you from ever accessing The S*n or any other website that they own. Following the instructions below will not harm your computer. The host file mentioned below overrides any website url for your local computer. So what is recommended that you do is point the Scum urls to your local computer this was your web browser can never find the websites listed below. They own many URLS, if you know of more please leave them in the comments.
The info is for PC users, if there are some advanced Mac users out there who would like to offer advice please leave it in the comments.
If there is someone out there who can code in .NET and wants to create an application to automatically update the host files to block these URLS please email me.
Also if you are a network administrator please block all the URLs from your network and if you own a business ask your network administrator to block them.
Instructions for blocking the S*n URLS
# Open the hosts file
1. Go to the Start menu and choose Run. Type the following in the Run dialog box: Edit Host File
1. For Windows NT and Windows 2000
2. Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7
2. Click the OK button (This should open a window with several files in it.)
3. Find the file called ‘hosts’ and double–click it. If prompted, specify that you would like to choose a program to open the file with from a list of programs.
1. Choose ‘Notepad’ from the list of available programs.
# Edit and save the hosts file
1. The contents of your hosts file should look something like this
2. copy and paste the following at the end of the file.
3. Save the file.
4. close your web browser, reopen it and try going to www.thesun.co.uk
5. :-) Bye Bye Scum
What the S*n did to the victims of Hillsborough and their familes was cruel and they never retracted the lies they said.