After the renaissance that LFC experienced under Kenny Dalglish´s time in the helm, the dream of all us fans is that next year Liverpool is fighting the Premier League with the mancs, Chelsea and Arsenal, instead of looking for European qualification against spurs or Aston Villa.
One of the aspects that mades the Premier League so tough, is the dept of teams with potential of growing, so, considering this, the first blow to enhance LFC’s championship aspiration could actually be done before open day. How? By weakening other mid to upper table teams with intelligent moves than also strengthen Liverpool´s squad.
- Leighton Baines: One of the main necessities of LFC is to cover the left back spot properly. Baines could actually solve this problem for at least 4 or 5 years, while also will be a blow to the other team of the city.
- Jack Rodwell: Although we all dream that next season we will have Gerrard back at full fitness, and even if Jay Spearing is doing a good job covering the position, having a young prospect with the growing projection of Rodwell as a backup to Stevie G, will actually provide a depth in midfield enough to fight the league.
- Ashley Young: To complete the reinforcement of the left side of the team, the villa player could form a really powerful attacking / defending tandem with Baines, and with his pace and skill could also become a key partner to Carrol.
- Darren Bent: It is my personal opinion, that David Ngog is way out of depth and doesn´t provide the kind of backup in front that a team like Liverpool needs. For this reason I consider that Darrent Bent, who actually has a very respectable goal average, could be the player to replace adequately Carrol or Suarez in case of injury or suspension.
- Aaron Lennon: While Maxi Rodriguez is in top form, it seems innocent to think in a potential replacement for him, but, thinking with cold head, we all know that this kind of form its not going to last forever. In order to have a complete squad, the addition of Lennon will provide the power in the right side to destroy any rival sides, while also taking one of the most effective weapons of the Spurs.
The proposed line-up would look something like this:
Johnson Carragher Agger Baines
Lucas / Meireles Gerrard
Suarez Carrol / Kuyt
Subs: Jones, Skrtel, Kyrgiakos, Wilson, Kelly, Spearing, Maxi, Cole, Bent