Data supplied by the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index. Select and manage your own team of stars at http://fantasy.premierleague.com/ or with FIFA Ultimate Team for FIFA 14
Kick off 15:00
– Luis Suarez announced his return to the Premier League with a well-taken brace as he spearheaded Liverpool to a 1-3 win over Sunderland at the Stadium of Light. Daniel Sturridge grabbed the first goal as he continues his impressive goal-scoring form this season and Liverpool fans will be delighted at the prospect of ‘SAS’ reuniting to lead the line for the Reds.
– Daniel Sturridge’s willingness to have a go when in sight of goal is the sign of a striker with confidence in his own ability. Sturridge has been shooting with abandon this season, with 15 attempts on goal, the joint 4th highest in the league, with 53.3% of those finding their way on-target.
– Indeed, Brendan Rodgers will surely be incredibly excited at the prospect of both Sturridge and Suarez operating in tandem now that the Uruguayan’s ban is over. Together the pair have now combined for 7 goals this season, giving them a goal on average once every 2.9 strikes they’ve had on goal.
You can find Sturridge and Suarez at 11/17 and 11/21 respectively to find the net at any time this weekend with 888sport.com.
– Lucas Leiva continues toquietly go about his work this season, winning the joint highest number of tackles in the league with 32 according to the EA SPORTS Player PerformanceIndex.
– Simon Mignolet remains the busiest keeper in the league, with a total of 29 saves so far this term. For all the Reds’ good form, Brendan Rodgers will be keen to see his back four provide him with greater protection to stifle more attempts on his goal as the season moves forward.
– Crystal Palace once again failed to score as they lost 2-0 away to Southampton last time out. Ian Holloway will be desperate for his side to find some form this weekend as they look to work their way out of the Premier League’s bottom 3.
– Mile Jedinak looks like being an increasingly crucial player for Ian Holloway’s side this season. So far he is the only Palace player to have broken the 100-barrier for passes completed in the opponent’s half (104).
– To add even further weight to this argument, according to the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index, Jedinakalso leads the Palace squad for total defensive contributions (blocks, clearances, interceptions, tackles won) with 79.
– Dwight Gayle is living the dream at the moment after playing non-league football a few seasons ago. His shooting accuracy could do with improving now that the season is in full swing though, as so far he has also managed to muster a 28.6% on-target rate from 7 attempted shots.
– Fellow forward Marouane Chamakh was criticised by Ian Holloway for apparent simulation last weekend, but his manager will no doubt still have been impressed at Chamakh’s willingness to work hard and track back. He currently has the best tackles success rate of any forward in the league to have mademore than 5 attempted challenges. According to the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index, he’s won 92.3% of his 13 attempted challenges so far this season.
Chamakh is 6/1 with 888sport.com to score at any time this weekend.