Philippe Coutinho has had his say on the constant rumours linking him to a potential move to Barcelona, giving Reds reason to believe he will be going nowhere this summer.
Interest in the Brazilian has seemingly been conjured from thin air with reports also recently suggesting that the La Liga giants have no interest in him.
That said, some reassurance from Coutinho himself is sure to put minds at ease, especially after he reminded all of his talent with an emphatic display in Sunday’s 4-0 win over West Ham.
“Barcelona is one of the best teams in the world, so far, nothing has come to me, because if anything comes, it comes to my manager, what I have to do is focus on the pitch,” Coutinho told ESPN Brazil, as translated by the Liverpool Echo.
“I have a contract with Liverpool, there are two games, there are a lot of chances for us to be in the Champions League next year. What I have to do is focus on football and those things are resolved by the business people.”
“I’m happy to know that a great club has an interest, it’s cool, for the recognition of their work, what I have to do is keep working hard. Liverpool is a great club and we have to put Liverpool back in the Champions League.”
Coutinho enjoyed one of his better games in recent weeks at the London Stadium as he scored two and registered an assist to help Liverpool move to just a win away from a place in next season’s Champions League.
He has unfinished business on Merseyside in terms of not only helping Jurgen Klopp’s men consolidate a top four spot but also taking the club closer to mounting a serious title challenge.
Fear not Reds, he is here to stay.