Juventus have backed up Emre Can’s claims that no deal has been signed, although did admit still wanting Liverpool’s German battler.
Unfortunately, the 24-year-old’s contract expires in the summer and as of yet he’s shown no signs that he’ll extend his terms.
He’s played well this season, despite the fact he’s likely to leave, but according to the Italian giants, they’re now in a battle with three other clubs for his services.
“Emre Can is a player everyone wants for his qualities and being a free agent on June 30,” Marotta said, reported in the Mail.
“We’ve had our say. There are other contenders and we await a response, but I don’t think it’ll be over the next few days.”
The player himself has promised to give his all to our cause, which now consists of fighting for a top four place and our Champions League run.
“I haven’t signed for any other club, I’m just focused on this season,’ said Can last week.
“We want to finish in second place in the Premier League, we’re in the Champions League quarter-finals and we want to progress. That’s all I’m focused on now.
“My agent has blocked all negotiations, I’m thinking only of football.”
We estimate that in this current market, we’re losing around £50m with Can leaving for nothing.
He’s a young Germany international with loads of top level experience – and enormous clubs are interested in his signature as a result.
At least the sublime Naby Keita is coming in for next season. We think we’ll need another top midfielder to cover Can’s absence, though.