Well, nobody seems to be posting so it’s either the International break or all EOTK followers are on holiday! LOL! I won’t stir up controversy, but my intention is a rapid sequence of sneak peeks, rumours and actual announcements that concern our Club. Okay, so here we go…….
• Two high level promotions announced. Ian Ayre is the new MD and Damien Comolli is now Director of Football. Both goods news.
• Rafa Benitez has reportedly (perhaps repeatedly) claimed he wants to manage the Reds again one day! He also said he has offers from the PL but will never go to any of the Reds’ fiercest rivals….so he will probably end up at Villa! It will take more than destabilizing rumours to overcome the feel-good atmosphere around Anfield now…….!
• A report this week claimed that the main Liverpool targets that Comolli is after from the PL are Gary Cahill, Charlie Adam, Ashley Young and….Matt Jarvis. Three England Internationals and a Scot! Not a bad prospect but very unlike Comolli who will want to do most of his fishing in his native France. Apart from that I see no left back in that list!
• Apparently the conclusion of the Aquilani saga is on ice because his agent, Franco Zavaglia is on a talent-hunt tour of South America. Word in Italy is saying all parties concerned seem to want this finalized as soon as possible. Not Zavaglia apparently!
• You have certainly heard that both Brad Jones and Dani Pacheco have been sent out on loan to Championship clubs. Good news for Dani, not so good for Brad.
• Lucas Leiva has pledged his love to LFC. The lad wants to stay and after consuming a remarkable amount of socks in Red’s midfield he should be given a vote of confidence and offered a new contract. Agreed?
• The Italian media has linked the Reds to Philippe Mexes who will become a free agent next summer. The French International centre-back seems to be on Arsenal’s radar as well, aside from the usual suspects such as Milan ecc, ecc. Bit of a character that Mexes……..!
• The media back in the UK has also linked Richard Dunn with a move to the red half of Merseyside. The question beckons: why should we let Kyrgiakos go and replace him with a Dunn? Now if that Dunn from one side of Birmingham becomes Dann from the other side of Birmingham than the perspective changes. Better a mid-20s liverpudlian to a 31 year old party basher!
• Rick Parry seems to have made a sortie to claim that the deal he masterminded for the arrival of Hicks and Gillett was not all negative as people seem to think. He mentioned Liverpool arrived 2nd during their reign with a record number of points. What he failed to say was that the Club lost its credibility on and off the field and thankfully other Americans from a different walk of life came and saved our sorry butts from the doldrums. Sorry Ricky, forgiveness not granted!
• Rumours in London claim that Fernando ‘El Nino’ Torres (the blue version) continues to misfire because he misses he chants of the Kop. Sources claim that Abramovic (did I spell that right?) even held and crisis meeting to try and create a Kop replica…..but he discovered that not even his billions can recreate the Anfield magic. We gave you a player but you’re not getting the Kop Roman!
That’s all for now….watch this space.