- Jurgen Klopp discusses Philippe Coutinho’s Liverpool future
- German reacts to comments made by club CEO Peter Moore
- Coutinho linked with January move to Barcelona
- SEE MORE: Coutinho gives honest opinion on chances of Barcelona move in January
Jurgen Klopp admits there is no change in Philippe Coutinho’s situation at Liverpool amid undying speculation hinting at a January move to Barcelona.
The Brazilian’s transfer saga has evolved into a frustrating case of reporters having to ask the same questions and Klopp having no choice but to reply with the same answer.
Barcelona’s interest hasn’t disappeared since their failed summer pursuit, but there has been no concrete evidence to suggest any major developments have occurred, let alone the supposed negotiations the Spanish press seemingly believe have taken place.
Speaking ahead of Sunday’s Merseyside derby, Klopp told Liverpoolfc.com: “I have no reason to think about it. I said it a few times we never speak about transfers in this moment.”
“There’s really nothing to say in this moment. Nobody came to me so far to say Phil will be away in January. I am completely fine with the situation. We had this big situation in the summer, I have no desire to have it again.”
Klopp’s comments followed a similar verdict from Liverpool CEO Peter Moore, who also admitted he is unsure of what the future holds for Coutinho at Liverpool.
The No.10’s desire to move to the Nou Camp won’t have faded away, but that hasn’t stopped him rediscovering his top form for the club.
He couldn’t have produced his most productive string of performances as a better time, either, with this weekend’s clash with Everton serving as the latest in a hectic winter schedule.
Just as they did in the summer, Liverpool’s owners must stand firm by their refusal to sell Coutinho under any circumstances.