- Lord, the first half was dire for us. We were hassled at every turn, mostly bossed, and left chasing shadows for a large part of it. I nearly spent the first 45 minutes fashioning a noose (fortunately I still had the one I started last season).
- A similar performance gets us thwacked 3-0 at Manchester City; such is the gulf between the haves and the have-nots in the Premier League. The longer the clubs goes without proper investment the further down we’ll slide. Right now, we’re in a kind of financial purgatory. We must be saved soon, lest our expectations be cast into the flames of eternal damnation (dramatic verbiage, I know).
- Absolutely shocked that Morrison was sent off. Not because of the severity of the offense, but I could have sworn that Lee Probert left his cards and whistle at home.
- What a class finish from Torres, and quite an energetic shift from him. So poor was our ball retention, that he spent much of the match charging backwards and putting tackles in. Not sure if that came from Roy, or frustration.
- Poulsen is all destruction and no creation. A midfield consisting of he and Lucas offers little in the way of creativity, and today at least, inept ball retention. We were overrun on Monday, and never truly took charge today. Joe Cole’s return should see Gerrard drop back alongside the DM du jour; hopefully giving us more performances like the one against Arsenal, and fewer like the ones from this week.
- Welcome Raul Meireles, you’ll be a cracking addition to our tattoo collection.
- Did anyone else watch the last 7 minutes like you were strapped in to Alex DeLarge’s “rehabilitation” chair? If not, welcome back from your year-long coma, you didn’t miss much.
- All whining aside, that’s 3 points in the bag. There will be plenty of time for hand-wringing when we actually drop points, so I’ll go right ahead and enjoy this.
ad unit here