The last two Liverpool games have both ended in a draw and the Reds could have (and should have) won both of them. I am however rather bullish that we can get all three points when we host Arsenal on Sunday.
As you know Lucas Leiva is injured however all the other players should be available. Stewart Downing might play in the left-back position again if Jose Enrique is not 100%. I also believe that Brendan Rodgers will give Raheem Sterling another start as his pace will be vital. Daniel Agger returns after serving his one game domestic suspension for the Red he got against West Bromwich Albion.
My prediction is that Rodgers will go with the same starting lineup that played so well against Manchester City, with the exception of Jonjo Shelvey replacing Lucas and Agger replacing Coates.
Predicted Starting XI : Pepe Reina, Martin Kelly, Glen Johnson, Daniel Agger, Martin Skrtel, Jonjo Shelvey, Joe Allen, Steve Gerrard, Fabio Borini, Luis Suarez, Raheem Sterling.
Will this be our first Barclays Premier League win in our new Warrior Football Kit?
• Liverpool came close to victory over reigning champions Manchester City after a very promising performance made up for their opening weekend defeat to West Brom
• New signing Joe Allen was prominent throughout, and covered the most ground among the Liverpool players with 6.78 miles
• That makes Allen’s performance the fifth highest distance covered by a player in an individual game so far this season
• Raheem Sterling also looked bright and was second only to Allen with 6.29 miles on the clock
• Luis Suarez was on the scoresheet for Liverpool and also registered the fastest top speed among the Liverpool side with 22.78 miles per hour
• Suarez has had 12 attempts at goal this season, more than any other player, but he has only got 5 of those on target
• Steven Gerrard is second in the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index for crosses delivered with 11 so far this season
• Arsenal were held 0-0 by Stoke in their last game
• Santi Carzola again looked bright, attempting six shots at goal, the joint highest in the last round of game with North London rival Jermain Defoe
• Carzola has now had 9 shots at goal, but is yet the score, the most shots without reward in the league so far this season
• Carzola has also completed the third highest number of passes in his opponent’s half with 92, but is yet to register an assist
• Arsenal can consider themselves unlucky not to have scored so far this season, having four of the top five players for dribbles completed in the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index (Gervinho – 7, Carzola – 6, Walcott – 5, Arteta – 4)
• Arsenal also have three players in the top five for forward passes this season (Mertesacker – 64, Arteta – 58, Vermaelen – 49) as fans must rue no longer having van Persie to get on the end of their impressive attacking play“The EA SPORTS Player Performance Index is the official playing rating index of the Premier League. Click here for more information.”Kick off is at 1:30 PM
Follow the game live on Twitter @empireofthekop