Liverpool owner John W Henry doesn’t tweet much, but when he does, he normally hits the nail on the head!
Last night, following our 3-1 win away at Bayern Munich, Liverpool’s owner simply took a picture of a tweet he’d seen on the television – and shared it to Reds everywhere.
It read: 75% of the earth is covered by water – the other 25% is covered by Virgil van Dijk.
— John W. Henry (@John_W_Henry) March 13, 2019
Van Dijk is jaw-droppingly good every time he steps on the field – but last night was one of his most iconic performances.
The Dutchman pocketed Robert Lewandowski, one of the world’s best strikers, and scored a sensational header in the second-half to boot.
His long ball to Sadio Mane also led to our opener and his calmness and leadership at the back actually made it a relatively comfortable evening at the Allianz Arena.
For Liverpool to be coolly dismantling Bayern in such a manner is an incredible statement.
Whoever we get in the quarters, they should be wary of us – not the other way round.