As we await anxiously for a new manager, and hopefully new owners, we could be sure this turmoil will take quite some time. There’s a solution to each and every problem. The list above comprises of 30 of the most impressive of free transfer players I’ve have seen for years. And with all our financial troubles we could do with these kind of players, the only question is could we afford their high wages?
Lets look at some of my picks out of these 30,
- Joe Cole is the obvious standout, simply because its Joe Cole, nuff said. He’d bring bags of attacking qualities, and help us add the extra edge on the final 3rd. Recent rumors had mentioned, however, that he’s gonna sign with Arsenal, stay in London, blablabla…. but as long as it ain’t official yet, we should give it a go!
- If we were to lose Mascherano to Inter “Millions”, I’d like to steal Ballack from that bunch, he’d add much presence and more leadership qualities. A German captain replacing an Argentine one, lol, that’s one for keeps. He will be like a straight swap and he is already proven himself in the league. He will also add some aerial threat to our attacking final 3rd.
- Should I mention, one Thierry Henry is also available, he should also be a good effective signing, he praised the Kop once already, he could even wear no.14 right away if he joins us. Pacey,silky and a deadly finisher, we know that Henry pack bags of experience and he could do us a world’s good.
- And then there’s Sidney Govou, a proven winger/forward who could also add depth to our seemingly lacklustre attack. I would also give Martin Petrov a try, his fragile nature aside, he has pace to burn, and he’s already proven himself in the Premier League, so why not? Kalu Uche may sound alien to you, but this 28 year old is pacey and is decent to say the least.
- Ilan is the other decent surprise of choice of mine, he showed last season, coming in during the winter transfer window and he scored a couple of goals and establish himself as a regular in West Ham, but now he’s left, maybe we could do with a decent striker on the go. If we want a proven goalscorer, we should look no further than Kris Boyd, 101 goals in 143 appearances for Rangers is a bloody impressive record, and I really think he’d be an awesome signing !
- Last but not least, a few defensive names that could help add depth to our backline, Sylvinho, Queudreu and oh yeah Belletti
In my humblest opinion, we should go for Kris Boyd, Joe Cole and Govou. We can’t sign ALL 30 of them now, can we :P
This is just a personal point of view, its not the views shared with no one, except me. By the way, who do you think, from the list above, would you like to see play at the L4 next season? Share your thoughts!
p/s: thanks to Valon of LFC Transfer Speculations, a fellow Red, who spotted the bit.