– Is there anything better than an understaffed, gritty, heartfelt performance at Anfield? I almost enjoy those better than the masterclasses (like against Real Madrid last season…almost).
– He may get some stick from the “lack of genuine class” crowd, but he works his socks off for the club and the cause; and for that I love Dirk Kuyt. There, I said it.
– In all honesty, I was a bit upset when I saw the lineup. That lasted all of six minutes.
– When they are fit, how about a bit of Aquilani playing off the striker, and Gerrard creating/tackling/orchestrating from midfield? Alberto looked well and truly at home in his role against Spurs, and we all know what Stevie can do from…well, pretty much anywhere on the pitch.
– Dear Sotirios Kyrgiakos, more of the same please. Yours truly, grateful Liverpool supporter.
– N’Gog’s impact off the bench went a long way to putting me at ease for the last ten minutes or so.
– Robbie Keane’s impact off the bench went a long way to putting me at ease for the last twenty-five minutes or so.
– Who says Rafa has lost the dressing room? You’d be hard pressed to find an ounce of disinterest from anyone in red last night. It was grit and determination in the face of adversity, and that’s the Liverpool I love dearly. No doubt their resolve was bolstered by the home fans in full voice- a truly world class twelfth-man.
– Off to bed now (a celebratory hangover: such a welcome change).