Liverpool are not interested in Riyad Mahrez, but at the weekend we were told by reputable source beIN Sport that the Algerian was about to have a medical at Melwood ahead of a £49m transfer.
This proved to be completely false, with the Leicester winger not even in the country on Sunday 7th – the day of his supposed examination.
Get French Football have looked into how decent outlets were duped and have laid the blame solely at the feet of Mahrez’s representatives – or at least people claiming to be.
After research, they claim the winger’s ‘agents’ contacted beIN sport, RMC and SFR Sport with news of the false-medical, and the former ran the story without contacting Liverpool first…
They said the mysterious reps do have links to Mahrez and are trying to get him out of Leicester by speaking up potential interest in the press.
He’s not on Liverpool’s radar though. Although we’re not sure who is, in terms of an attacking midfielder to bolster our ranks since Coutinho’s exit.
We think it could be a name so far not linked to the club, as per the Telegraph’s Jason Burt.