We decided to ask the journalist for a Chelsea opinion on Liverpool, rather than finding about the Blues.
And Faulks rates Jurgen Klopp’s Liverpool very highly, especially our Brazilian forward…
Check out the interview below!
1) Which of Liverpool’s front-three would you prefer to have, and why?
Roberto Firmino without a doubt. He’s your best player. He’s got all the link up ability of Giroud but with more pace and more of an eye for goal. He’d be perfect linking up with Hazard and already has a good understanding with Willian.
2) How much do you rue the fact Chelsea didn’t buy Virgil van Dijk when they had the chance in January?
I don’t really rue them not buying him in January, I rue not buying him after a year at Southampton! You could have got him for cheap and been probably 90% certain you’d at least get your money back. It’s amazing other clubs waited so long, but Liverpool were brave enough to put their money and the table and it’s paid off.
3) How good is Jorginho? He’s dominating pass stats, but doesn’t create anything. Isn’t he just doing what Jordan Henderson gets slated for?
There’s an element of that. If Liverpool signed a Henderson clone from Serie A with a funky sounding name for big money he would get a lot more credit for sure. But I think we needed a Henderson-type player, and in Jorginho we got one of the best in the world in that role.
4) Be honest: would you swap Sarri for Klopp if you had the chance – and why?
I wouldn’t swap Sarri now because we’ve taken a big gamble for once on the manager and I want to see how it plays out. But I think any football fan who isn’t a bit jealous of the great football Liverpool are playing along with the great connection Klopp has with the fans is lying to themselves.
5) Which set of supporters is going to be happier come the end of this season?
At this rate both sets of fans should be very happy. But Chelsea just need to play well to achieve their goals and keep people happily this season – Liverpool have to go a lot further and win something.